Senior Cloud Engineer
If you enjoy experimenting and innovating, then working as a Senior Cloud Engineer at a.s.r. could be right up your street. Apply now and contribute to the digital transformation of a.s.r. - the world’s most sustainable insurer!
a.s.r. is moving rapidly towards Cloud-based working, to enable both new and existing initiatives to land on Azure as securely and flexibly as possible. We invite you to take up this technical and creative challenge! You’ll help to implement, configure and maintain the Azure platform, ensuring the roll-out from AzureDevOps via Infra as Code or pipelines. If you enjoy acquiring new knowledge and want to keep on developing as a Senior Cloud Engineer, both professionally and personally, come and help us build a secure Cloud as a Senior Cloud Engineer at a.s.r.!
What you’ll do as a Senior Cloud Engineer
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of our service
- Support new initiatives by providing advice and technical solutions
- Onboard workloads so that they comply with architecture/security requirements
- Share best practices and make available compliant resources
- Apply securitisation measures in the Cloud environment and design and implement support processes
This vacancy could be for you, if you have
- at least a Bachelors degree or equivalent and 3-5 years of relevant experience (with Azure Cloud)
- familiarity with DevOps and agile working
- strong analytical skills and experience of hybrid Cloud environments
- (almost) all the knowledge of Compute, Storage, Networking, High Availability and Infrastructure as Code you’ll need as an expert in Azure infrastructure
- mastered the PowerShell (and preferably also Python) script language and gained experience with DevOps pipelines, ARM and Bicep templates
- experience with identity and security in the Cloud, including zero trust and security baselines
What we offer
- a gross monthly salary of between € 3,800 and € 6,800 based on a 38-hour week, plus a 13th month holiday allowance and a discount on insurance
- a highly competitive pension scheme: a.s.r. will cover at least 19.8% of the premium, potentially rising to as much as 35.3%; your personal contribution will only be 4.5%
- a flexible policy on working from home: on average, employees work 60% of their time from home and 40% at the office; you’ll also have plenty of scope to set your own working times
- a flexible workstation at our impressive head office in Utrecht, with access to a wide range of other facilities and an NS Business Card offering free travel
- plenty of focus on your personal development and wellbeing
- an opportunity to work with the world’s most sustainable insurer, according to Sustainalytics
- Find out what else we offer
Work as a Senior Cloud Engineer in Utrecht
You’ll be working as part of a friendly and diverse team in the Technology Services department, which is part of a.s.r.’s central ICT department. This department employs 35-40 staff in a relaxed and informal atmosphere characterised by a robust, Agile work ethic interspersed with time for ‘play’, e.g. badminton matches, pancake lunches and after-work get-togethers. We also naturally believe it’s important to have the right professional skills in-house, so we always keep each other informed of the latest developments so that we can provide optimum support to our clients.
Apply now for this IT vacancy
Interested? If so, respond by clicking on the ‘apply’ button. At a.s.r., we believe that differences make us stronger and better, and for us, it’s your skills and talents that matter. So if you prefer not to include your date and/or place of birth and/or gender in your CV, that’s fine by us.
You can find more about the application process here.
And if you have any questions, get in touch with Iris Braad (Technology Services Team Manager) on 0630122727 or email email@example.com.
We have a good working relationship with a number of preferred suppliers, and therefore don’t welcome unsolicited offers from recruitment, selection, secondment and employment agencies.
Klik in de vacature op de solliciteer-direct knop. Je kunt dan direct je cv en motivatie achterlaten. Bij a.s.r. geloven we dat verschillen ons samen sterker en beter maken. We streven ernaar om je binnen twee weken een reactie te sturen.
Als we denken dat er een match mogelijk is, nodigen we je uit voor een eerste gesprek. Dit is meestal met de manager van de afdeling waar de vacature is. Vaak vragen we je ook een assessment te doen.
Als we na dit gesprek allebei verder willen praten, dan plannen we een vervolggesprek.
Als we na de gesprekken en een positief assessment allebei enthousiast zijn, doen we je een aanbod om bij ons te komen werken.
Verhalen van collega's
Business Analist‘Bij a.s.r. krijg je veel ruimte om te leren’
Datascientist‘Ik wil impact maken met datascience’