Are you confident enough to release chaos monkeys into your production environment? Then this challenging position as Cloud Engineer for a.s.r.’s Analytics Lab might be just for you.
As a Cloud Engineer you are responsible for our cloud infrastructure and the GitOps deployment strategy. We develop and maintain a cloud-first environment for data scientists to experiment with machine learning models and empower the data scientists to deploy to our production environment. We value a DevSecOps way of working, with a strong preference for open-source software, infrastructure-as-code and collaboration between engineers. As our new Cloud Engineer, you guide the engineers on how to deploy our workloads in a secure and reliable manner. Does this sound as the challenge for you? Apply for this position as Cloud Engineer for a.s.r.!
What you’ll be doing as a Cloud Engineer
- you build and maintain a seamless deployment procedure based on GitOps
- you develop and maintain the AKS clusters that host our isolated feature environments
- you generalise code and templates, be it in Python, HCL for Terraform, or Yaml for pipelines and K8s CRDs
- you design and implement plans for worst case scenarios, e.g. distaster recovery
- you maintain our build agents
This vacancy could be for you, if you
- are located in The Netherlands and, preferably, already speak some Dutch
- have a solid foundation in the principles of software engineering with 3+ years of hands-on experience with cloud and cloud-native solutions (we work with Azure)
- have 2+ years hands-on experience with Kubernetes or hosted solutions experience with GitOps
- have a DevOps mindset that makes you actively look to improve our processes and know your way around the security settings for cloud resources (i.e. put the Sec in DevSecOps)
- are on top of infra drift and deployment strategies and aware of latent scaling and security risks, and challenge your team on best practices and new tools
What we offer
- a gross monthly salary of between € 3.800,- and € 5.500,- based on a 38-hour week, plus a 13th month holiday allowance and a discount on insurance
- a highly competitive pension scheme: a.s.r. will cover at least 19.8% of the premium, potentially rising to as much as 35.3%; your personal contribution will only be 4.5%
- a flexible policy on working from home: on average, employees work 60% of their time from home and 40% at the office; you’ll also have plenty of scope to set your own working times
- a flexible workstation at our impressive head office in Utrecht, with access to a wide range of other facilities and an NS-Business Card with unlimited travel
- an opportunity to work for the Best Employer in the Netherlands in 2021 and one of Europe’s most sustainable insurers
- find out what else we offer
This is where you’ll work as a Cloud Engineer in Utrecht
The department of Customer & Digital consists of about 65 mostly Dutch speaking professionals. Within this department, you will join the center of excellence for machine learning, data science and artificial intelligence: a young and close-knit team of 10 data scientists and data engineers. We regularly have lunch or after-work drinks, play games together, and we host Future Fit Fridays to keep up with the ever evolving field of data science and engineering. We also write blogs about our tech stack to promote learning and knowledge sharing with other developer within a.s.r. As a team, we work together intensively with other people within the department of Customer & Digital on topics such as marketing automation and customer journeys, but we also offer advice on topics related to advanced analytics and data engineering for teams within a.s.r.
Apply now for his IT vacancy
Interested? If so, respond by clicking on the ‘apply’ button. At a.s.r., we believe that differences make us stronger and better, and for us, it’s your skills and talents that matter. So if you prefer not to include your date and place of birth and/or gender in your CV, that’s fine by us.
Read more about the application process.
If you have any questions about this position, get in touch with Sarah Westphal − de Vries (Marketing Analyst): 0651266356 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a good working relationship with a number of preferred suppliers, and therefore don’t welcome unsolicited offers from recruitment, selection, secondment and employment agencies.
Klik in de vacature op de solliciteer-direct knop. Je kunt dan direct je cv en motivatie achterlaten. Bij a.s.r. geloven we dat verschillen ons samen sterker en beter maken. We streven ernaar om je binnen twee weken een reactie te sturen.
Als we denken dat er een match mogelijk is, nodigen we je uit voor een eerste gesprek. Dit is meestal met de manager van de afdeling waar de vacature is. Vaak vragen we je ook een assessment te doen.
Als we na dit gesprek allebei verder willen praten, dan plannen we een vervolggesprek.
Als we na de gesprekken en een positief assessment allebei enthousiast zijn, doen we je een aanbod om bij ons te komen werken.
Verhalen van collega's
CommunicatieadviseurDe Participatiedesk heeft me gebracht waar ik nu ben.
Marketeer ArdantaIk doe precies wat ik leuk vind en waar ik goed in ben.